Tuesday, March 17, 2009

First Draft Sent to the Editor



I have finished the first draft of my book! It is approximately 53,500 words, 200 pages, or 2 lbs of wood. I'm really excited to see what comes back during the first round of edits; hopefully I won't need to rewrite the whole thing!

I started January 19th, and finished March 15th, which means it took just under 2 months to complete. That's on average almost 1,000 words a day. That means that I could have eaten a single chocolate chip from a bag of chips ahoy for each word I typed and finished 52 bags! Why didn't I think of that sooner?

Once I finish the revisions it will be time to write the proposal, marketing plan, and essays; I need to write something compelling if I want to be in any talk shows, radio shows, or newspaper articles!

No comments:

Post a Comment