Friday, March 20, 2009

Character Sketch #1

Just completed the first character concept for possible book illustrations!

I'm currently considering a header graphic for each chapter. I'm not sure whether or not it will make the book more marketable to a publisher, but at this stage I can experiment a little bit.

I bought a Wacom bluetooth graphire tablet thinking that it might give me some talent, but much to my chagrin I still can't draw with a computer pencil! Now I feel like one of those pretentious snobs who buy a really nice guitar that they don't know how to play. Maybe with a little practice I'll be able to draw a decent curve, but don't hold your breath.

For now, you'll just have to settle for my Adobe Illustrator vector methods. I'll spare you the napkin sketch.

No comments:

Post a Comment